Introduction to the Safe Handling of Medicines
An introduction to the safe handling of medicines, key term, people’s roles and much more.
This Introduction to the Safe Handling of Medicines course will start by explaining the key terminology used when handling medicines. It then goes into detail about the roles of the people involved, some of the different groups of medicines, providing different levels of support to patients, infection control, label interpretation and much more.
CPD Units – 2
How do I complete my course?
The First Step
Once you have found the course that you want to do, click the buy now button and you will be taken to our portal where you can complete your purchase, all major credit/debit cards are accepted.
The Second Step
Once you have completed the purchase, you will receive an email, telling you how to login to the e-learning portal. You will get a username and password to use.
The Third Step
You can then login to the portal and you will be able to complete your chosen course, once you have passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Safe handling of medicine modules
Pass Mark Required = 70%
- Introduction to the course
- Terminology explained
- The roles of those involved, legislation and licensing
- Groups of medicines
- Levels of support and routes of entry
- Infection Control and equipment for dispensing
- Label interpretation, record keeping and The Seven Rights
ready to get started? Click buy now!
The minimum you need to get started
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- You can also use your phone or tablet
If you have any questions, no matter how big or small please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.